Single crystal silicon carbide and method for producing the same
|Posted date||May 22, 2009|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Jun 4, 2001|
|Gazette Date||Dec 2, 2004|
|Gazette Date||May 5, 2009|
|International application number||JP2001004708|
|International publication number||WO2002099169|
|Date of international filing||Jun 4, 2001|
|Date of international publication||Dec 12, 2002|
|Title||Single crystal silicon carbide and method for producing the same|
The invention is a high-temperature liquid phase growth method using a very thin Si melt layer and characterized in that there is no need of strict temperature difference control between the growing crystal surface and a raw material supply polycrystal, and control of impurity addition is possible.
The grown single crystal SiC is characterized in that no fine grain boundaries exist therein, the density of micropipe defects in the growth surface is 1/cm2 or less, and the crystal has a terrace of 10 micrometer or more and a multi-molecular layer step as the minimum unit of a three-molecular layer.
|Scope of claims||
1. A silicon carbide single crystal, comprising: a terrace of more than 10 micrometer in width, andno fine grain boundaries of the threading screw dislocation typewhereinthe silicon carbide single crystal is epitaxial to a surface of an on-axis (0001) Si plane of a seed silicon carbide single crystal.
2. A method for the preparation of a single crystal silicon carbide bulk body comprising employing the single crystal silicon carbide according to claim 1 as a surface epitaxial growth layer of the single crystal silicon carbide bulk body.
3. The silicon carbide single crystal according to claim 1, further comprising a group III metal, wherein a p-type conductivity is obtained.
4. The silicon carbide single crystal according to claim 1, further comprising a group V element, wherein a n-type conductivity is obtained.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)|
Contact Information for " Single crystal silicon carbide and method for producing the same "
- Kwansei Gakuin University Organaization for Research Development and Outreach
- URL: https://www.kwansei.ac.jp/kenkyu/
- Address: Gakuen 2-1,Sanda, Hyogo, Japan , 669-1337
- Phone: 81-79-565-9052
- Fax: 81-79-565-7910