Endurance test apparatus for medical instrument and endurance test method
|Posted date||Apr 11, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Feb 29, 2008|
|Gazette Date||Nov 18, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Jul 23, 2013|
|International application number||JP2008053636|
|International publication number||WO2009031329|
|Date of international filing||Feb 29, 2008|
|Date of international publication||Mar 12, 2009|
|Title||Endurance test apparatus for medical instrument and endurance test method|
It is intended to provide an endurance test apparatus whereby the behaviors of a vessel caused by a biomechanical burden can be simulated using a relatively simple constitution so that the endurance of a medical instrument (for example, a stent or an artificial vessel after anastomosis) can be tested in a similar state to an actual vessel, and an endurance test method therefor.
Namely, an endurance test apparatus (10) comprises a simulated vessel (31) made of an elastic body, first and second holding members (32, 33) respectively supporting the both ends in the axial direction of the simulated vessel (31) and making the both ends relatively rotatable and interval-adjustable, and first and second motors (14, 15) operating these holding members (32, 33).
The simulated vessel (31) is supported by the first and second holding members (32, 33) in a state stretched from its inherent length under a tensile force.
Due to the driving motors (14, 15), the holding members (32, 33) elongate and contract the simulated vessel (31), which is in the stretched state as described above, while twisting it.
|Scope of claims||
1. An endurance test apparatus for a medical instrument comprising a simulated blood vessel formed of a predetermined elastic body, supporting means for supporting opposite end portions of the simulated blood vessel in the direction of extension of the simulated blood vessel, the supporting means operating so that the two end portions are relatively rotatable and able to move closer to and away from each other, and drive means for operating the supporting means, wherein the simulated blood vessel is supported by the supporting means in a state of being elongated from a natural-length state under the action of a tensile force, and
wherein the supporting means is driven by the drive means to cause elongating/shortening deformation in the simulated blood vessel in the elongated state while simultaneously causing torsion deformation in the simulated blood vessel.
2. The endurance test apparatus for a medical instrument according to claim 1, wherein the simulated blood vessel is supported by the supporting means in the elongated state disabling generation of bending deformation at the time of the elongating/shortening deformation.
3. An endurance test method for a medical instrument comprising repeatedly performing an operation to cause torsion deformation in a simulated blood vessel formed of a predetermined elastic body and to simultaneously cause elongating/shortening deformation in the simulated blood vessel while a predetermined tensile force is being applied to the simulated blood vessel.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)|
Contact Information for " Endurance test apparatus for medical instrument and endurance test method "
- Waseda University Intellectual Property and Research Collaboration Support Section
- URL: https://www.waseda.jp/inst/research/en
- Address: 1-6-1 Nishiwaseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 169-8050
- Phone: 81-3-5286-9867
- Fax: 81-3-5286-8374