Removal promoters and inhibitor for apoptosis cells in vivo
|Posted date||Jun 17, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Jun 10, 2009|
|Gazette Date||Jun 3, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Dec 10, 2013|
|International application number||JP2002012053|
|International publication number||WO2003043649|
|Date of international filing||Nov 19, 2002|
|Date of international publication||May 30, 2003|
|Title||Removal promoters and inhibitor for apoptosis cells in vivo|
The present invention is to provide a removal promoter for apoptotic cells which is capable of immediately removing apoptotic cells in vivo by macrophages, or a removal inhibitor which inhibits the removal of apoptotic cells in vivo by macrophages.
A removal promoter for apoptotic cells in vivo containing the milk fat globule-EGF factor 8-L (MFG-E8-L), MFG-E8-L mutant having removal promotion action for apoptotic cells in vivo by macrophages, or preferably a recombinant human or mouse MFG-E8-L, or a recombinant human or mouse MFG-E8-L mutant as an active ingredient is prepared.
Such removal promoters specifically bind to apoptotic cells and promote the phagocytosis of apoptotic cells by macrophages by recognizing aminophospholipids such as phosphatidylserine exposed on apoptotic cell surface.
On the other hand, a point mutation (D89E) MFG-E8-L mutant is used as a removal inhibitor.
|Scope of claims||
1. A method for promoting phagocytosis of apoptotic cells by macrophages, comprising contacting said apoptotic cells and said macrophages with a composition comprising isolated human milk fat globule-EGF factor 8-L (MFG-E8-L).
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the human MFG-E8-L is a translation product in human cells.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the human MFG-E8-L is enveloped or embedded in liposome.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Structure and Function of Genomes AREA|
Contact Information for " Removal promoters and inhibitor for apoptosis cells in vivo "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476