Metal oxynitride electrode catalyst
|Posted date||Jun 17, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Nov 30, 2004|
|Gazette Date||Jun 7, 2007|
|Gazette Date||Mar 2, 2010|
|International application number||JP2004017801|
|International publication number||WO2005053840|
|Date of international filing||Nov 30, 2004|
|Date of international publication||Jun 16, 2005|
|Title||Metal oxynitride electrode catalyst|
An electrode catalyst that maintains catalytic activity under conditions of an electrode potential as high as 0.4 V or above and exhibits improved stability.
The metal oxynitride electrode catalyst is composed of an oxynitride containing at least one transition metal element selected from the group consisting of La, Ta, Nb, Ti, and Zr, the metal oxynitride electrode catalyst being used at a potential of 0.4 V or higher relative to the reversible hydrogen electrode potential in an acidic electrolyte.
The metal oxynitride electrode catalyst is useful as an electrode catalyst for electrochemical systems used in acidic electrolytes in the fields of water electrolysis, organic electrolysis, fuel cells, etc.
|Scope of claims||
1. A membrane electrolyte assembly for a fuel cell, comprising: an electrode including an oxygen reduction electrode catalyst comprising an oxynitride containing Ta, wherein atomic ratio of (tantalum):(oxygen):(nitrogen) is (1+-0.1):(1+-0.1):(1+-0.1); and
an acidic electrolyte contacting said oxygen reduction electrode catalyst,
wherein said oxygen reduction electrode catalyst having an oxygen reduction catalytic activity at a potential of 0.4 V or higher relative to the reversible hydrogen electrode potential in said acidic electrolyte.
2. The membrane electrolyte assembly according to claim 1, wherein the oxygen reduction electrode catalyst is dispersed as fine particles on a catalyst carrier which is an electronically conductive powder.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)|
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Research and Development of System Technologies for Resource Recycling and Minimum Energy Requirement AREA|
Contact Information for " Metal oxynitride electrode catalyst "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476