Method and apparatus for hydrocarbon reforming based on oxygen-permeable membrane
|Posted date||Jun 17, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Oct 16, 2006|
|Gazette Date||Jul 15, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Apr 12, 2011|
|International application number||JP2006320532|
|International publication number||WO2007046314|
|Date of international filing||Oct 16, 2006|
|Date of international publication||Apr 26, 2007|
|Title||Method and apparatus for hydrocarbon reforming based on oxygen-permeable membrane|
To provide a method and an apparatus for reforming a hydrocarbon with a prolonged life of an oxygen-permeable membrane and a high recovery rate.
The oxygen-permeable membrane absorbs the free energy change, &Dgr;G, of a partial oxidation reforming reaction and then converts it into work for oxygen isolation and Joule heat, Q.
Here, as seen in Table 1 and FIG. 1, &Dgr;G of the partial oxidation reforming reaction is approximately ten times larger than &Dgr;H, and further increases as the temperature increases.
The generated Joule heat, Q, has to be removed at a high efficiency, and this removal process is achieved by returning a portion of the Joule heat to the system as the entropy change, T&Dgr;S, of the partial oxidation reaction itself and by steam reforming using the total energy change, &Dgr;H.
|Scope of claims||
1. A stacked structure reforming apparatus, comprising pairs of flat plate units each of which has a symmetrical shape with respect to each of two mutually perpendicular central axes extending through the center thereof, the flat plate units of each pair being rotated by 90 deg. from each other, the pairs being stacked so that the flat plate units are alternately arranged, and, a top plate unit and a bottom plate unit that sandwich the pairs of flat plate units, wherein: each of the flat plate units has a membrane-holding portion that has an opening for a reaction chamber at the center thereof,
a specific-gas-permeating membrane that is held by the membrane-holding portion, and
a flange portion that surrounds the membrane-holding portion and is one step higher than the membrane-holding portion; and
the flange portion has a first gas-introducing manifold opening and a first gas-discharging manifold opening provided along a first central axis of the central axes so as to put the membrane-holding portion therebetween,
a second gas-introducing manifold opening and a second gas-discharging manifold opening provided along a second central axis of the central axes, which is perpendicular to the first central axis, so as to put the membrane-holding portion therebetween, and
a gas channel that allows the first gas-introducing manifold opening and the first gas-discharging manifold opening to communicate with the membrane-holding portion,
wherein the specific-gas-permeating membrane is an oxygen-permeable membrane.
2. The reforming apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the reforming apparatus is an apparatus for reforming a hydrocarbon, and the reforming apparatus is configured so that a hydrocarbon gas and steam flow into the first gas-introducing manifold opening, whereas air flows into the second gas-introducing manifold opening.
3. The reforming apparatus according to claim 1 or 2, wherein the oxygen-permeable membrane is a composite oxygen-permeable membrane constituted of cerium oxide and spinel oxide.
4. The reforming apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the thickness of the oxygen-permeable membrane is in the range of 100 mu m to 1 cm.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)|
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Research and Development of System Technologies for Resource Recycling and Minimum Energy Requirement AREA|
Contact Information for " Method and apparatus for hydrocarbon reforming based on oxygen-permeable membrane "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476