A method of creating a plant improved in tolerance to iron deficiency
|Posted date||Jun 22, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Apr 24, 2008|
|Gazette Date||Jun 9, 2011|
|Gazette Date||Jun 26, 2012|
|International application number||JP2008057918|
|International publication number||WO2008136345|
|Date of international filing||Apr 24, 2008|
|Date of international publication||Nov 13, 2008|
|Title||A method of creating a plant improved in tolerance to iron deficiency|
The present invention provides a polypeptide which binds to a cis-element in the vicinity of a gene related to an iron-acquisition mechanism.
The polypeptide can increase expression of the gene related to the iron-acquiring mechanism.
This makes it possible to obtain a plant improved in tolerance to iron deficiency.
|Scope of claims||
1. A method of creating a plant improved in tolerance to iron deficiency compared to a corresponding non-transformant, the method comprising the steps of: introducing a polynucleotide encoding a polypeptide comprising the amino-acid sequence shown in SEQ ID NO: 1 into a plant; and
selecting a transgenic plant which has a phenotype of improved tolerance to iron deficiency, compared to the corresponding non-transformant.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the polynucleotide comprises the base sequence shown in SEQ ID NO: 2.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Plants Function and Their Control AREA|
Contact Information for " A method of creating a plant improved in tolerance to iron deficiency "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476