Quantum dot manipulating method and quantum dot production/manipulation apparatus
|Posted date||Jun 23, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Mar 9, 2005|
|Gazette Date||Aug 23, 2007|
|Gazette Date||Feb 16, 2010|
|International application number||JP2005004118|
|International publication number||WO2005087654|
|Date of international filing||Mar 9, 2005|
|Date of international publication||Sep 22, 2005|
|Title||Quantum dot manipulating method and quantum dot production/manipulation apparatus|
A quantum dot manipulating method and a generation/manipulation apparatus are provided which can control the size of a large number of generated quantum dots on or below the order of percent which is required for optical applications of the dots.
Quantum dots are generated by shining a dot production laser (4a) onto a solid object (3) in a quantum dot production/manipulation apparatus (1) containing superfluid helium (7) therein.
A dot manipulation laser (5a) is shone onto the generated quantum dots to manipulate the quantum dots.
|Scope of claims||
1. A method of manipulating a plurality of quantum dots that differ in at least one of size, shape and internal structure in a superfluid helium, said method comprising: generating a plurality of quantum dots directly in the superfluid helium,
shining light onto said plurality of quantum dots generated in the superfluid helium,
selecting, using said light, specific quantum dots from said plurality of quantum dots, said specific quantum dots being in resonance with said light; and
manipulating, using said light, only said specific quantum dots being in resonance with said light.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the quantum dots are generated by laser sputtering in superfluid helium.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the light shone onto the quantum dots is at least one type of laser.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the laser has frequencies which overlap at least one of frequency ranges, each range being of twice the full width at half maximum for a peak in a frequency spectrum of radiation force exerted on the quantum dots.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the laser is a plurality of lasers which have mutually different frequencies overlapping the above frequency ranges and/or mutually different propagation directions and shapes.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein quantum dots are repeatedly generated in the superfluid helium by laser sputtering.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the quantum dots are generated by repeatedly carrying out laser sputtering on quantum dots generated by laser sputtering and are smaller in size than the quantum dots.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein light is shone onto the quantum dots to integrate and/or fix the quantum dots onto a substrate.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the quantum dots are made from a metal, a semiconductor, or an organic compound.
10. The method of claim 9, wherein the semiconductor is a I-VII compound semiconductor.
11. The method of claim 10, wherein the I-VII compound semiconductor is copper halide.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein said specific quantum dots differ in size or shape on the order of 1 nm from the other of said plurality of quantum dots.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein said specific quantum dots are integrated and/or fixed onto a substrate which can be removed from said superfluid helium.
14. The method of claim 13, wherein said substrate is provided with holes or grooves in advance for use in manipulation of said specific quantum dots.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Creation of Nanodevices and System Based on New Physical Phenomena and Functional Principles AREA|
Contact Information for " Quantum dot manipulating method and quantum dot production/manipulation apparatus "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476