Metal oxynitride electrode catalyst
|Posted date||Jun 28, 2011|
|Date of filing||Nov 30, 2004|
|Gazette Date||Sep 20, 2006|
|Gazette Date||May 21, 2014|
|International application number||JP2004017801|
|International publication number||WO2005053840|
|Date of international filing||Nov 30, 2004|
|Date of international publication||Jun 16, 2005|
|Title||Metal oxynitride electrode catalyst|
[Problems] Carbides and many other non-platinum-based compounds are activated and dissolved and cannot be stably present in an acidic electrolyte under conditions of an electrode potential as high as 0.4 V or above, and thus, the application range of these compounds as an electrode catalyst is limited to low electrode potentials.
There has been need for development of an electrode catalyst that maintains catalytic activity under these conditions and exhibits improved stability.
[Means for Solving Problems] To provide a metal oxynitride electrode catalyst composed of an oxynitride containing at least one transition metal element selected from the group consisting of La, Ta, Nb, Ti, and Zr, the metal oxynitride electrode catalyst being used at a potential of 0.4 V or higher relative to the reversible hydrogen electrode potential in an acidic electrolyte.
The metal oxynitride electrode catalyst is useful as an electrode catalyst for electrochemical systems used in acidic electrolytes in the fields of water electrolysis, organic electrolysis, fuel cells, etc.(see diagramm)
|Scope of claims||
1. The use of a metal oxynitride electrode catalyst comprising an oxynitride having oxygen reduction catalytic activity containing Ta, wherein the atomic ratio of (Ta):(oxygen):(nitrogen) is (1+-0.1): (1+-0.1): (1+-0.1), as an electrode catalyst for fuel cells using an acidic electrolyte at a potential of 0.4 V or higher relative to the reversible hydrogen electrode potential in an acidic electrolyte.
2. The use of a metal oxynitride electrode catalyst according to Claim 1, wherein the metal oxynitride electrode catalyst is dispersed as fine particles on a catalyst carrier which is an electronically conductive powder.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)|
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Research and Development of System Technologies for Resource Recycling and Minimum Energy Requirement AREA|
Contact Information for " Metal oxynitride electrode catalyst "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476