|Posted date||Jun 28, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||May 13, 2004|
|Gazette Date||Oct 23, 2008|
|Gazette Date||Sep 7, 2010|
|International application number||JP2004006793|
|International publication number||WO2004100965|
|Date of international filing||May 13, 2004|
|Date of international publication||Nov 25, 2004|
Disclosed is a new type of immunostimulating agent including an immunostimulating oligonucleotide complexed with a carrier which is safe and has a high transfection effect.
The carrier complexed with the immunostimulating oligonucleotide to form the immunostimulating agent is a polysaccharide having &bgr;-1,3-bonds (preferably &bgr;-1,3-glucan such as schizophyllan).
A preferred example of the immunostimulating oligonucleotide is one containing an unmethylated CpG motif.
The polysaccharide for use is preferably modified with nucleic acid-binding functional group and/or cell membrane-affinitive functional group.
|Scope of claims||
1. An immunostimulating agent which comprises a complex of an immunostimulating oligonucleotide of 8 to 100 nucleotides which contains an unmethylated CpG motif and a polysaccharide having beta -1,3-bonds.
2. The immunostimulating agent of claim 1, wherein the phosphoric acid backbone of the oligonucleotide is phosphorothioate-modified or phosphorodithioate-modified.
3. The immunostimulating agent of claim 1, wherein the polysaccharide having beta -1,3-bonds is beta -1,3-glucan or beta -1,3-xylan.
4. The immunostimulating agent of claim 1, wherein the beta -1,3-glucan is selected from among schizophyllan, curdlan, lentinan, pachyman, grifolan, laminaran and scleroglucan.
5. The immunostimulating agent of claim 1, wherein the polysaccharide is modified with nucleic acid-binding functional group and/or cell membrane-affinitive functional group.
6. The immunostimulating agent of claim 1, wherein the complex of the oligonucleotide and the polysaccharide is of a triple helix structure formed through hydrogen bonds and hydrophobic interactions.
7. The immunostimulating agent of claim 1, wherein said unmethylated CpG motif is selected the group consisting of AACGTT, AGCGTT, GACGTT, GGCGTT, AACGTC, AGCGTC, GACGTC, GGCGTC, AACGCC, AGCGCC, GACGCC, GGCGCC, AACGCT, AGCGCT, GACGCT, and GGCGCT.
8. The immunostimulating agent of claim 1, wherein said immunostimulating oligonucleotide is selected from the group consisting of:
(SEQ ID NO 7)accgataccggtgccggtgacggcaccacg;(SEQ ID NO 8)accgatagcgctgccggtgacggcaccacg;(SEQ ID NO 9)accgatgacgtcgccggtgacggcaccacg;(SEQ ID NO 10)accgattcgcgagccggtgacggcaccacg;(SEQ ID NO 11)ggggggggggggcgatcggggggggggggg;(SEQ ID NO 12)gggggggggggacgatcgtcgggggggggg;(SEQ ID NO 13)ggggggggggggaacgttgggggggggggg;(SEQ ID NO 14)GAGAACGCTCGACCTTCGAT;(SEQ ID NO 15)TCCATGACGTTCCTGATGCT; and(SEQ ID NO 16)TCTCCCAGCGTGCGCCAT;
wherein capital letters denote a thiolated DNA.
8. The immunostimulating agent of
-- (SEQ ID NO 7)
-- (SEQ ID NO 8)
-- (SEQ ID NO 9)
-- (SEQ ID NO 10)
-- (SEQ ID NO 11)
-- (SEQ ID NO 12)
-- (SEQ ID NO 13)
-- (SEQ ID NO 14)
-- (SEQ ID NO 15)
-- TCCATGACGTTCCTGATGCT; and
-- (SEQ ID NO 16)
9. The immunostimulating agent of claim 1, wherein the polysaccharide to be complexed is provided with nucleic acid-binding functional groups formed by periodate oxidation of 1,6-glucopyranoside branches followed by reductive amination.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||SORST Selected in Fiscal 2001|
※ Please contact us by E-mail or facsimile if you have any interests on this patent.
Contact Information for " Immunostimulating agents "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476