Metallic electroconductive 12CaO 7Al2O3 compound and process for producing the same
|Posted date||Jun 29, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Nov 17, 2006|
|Gazette Date||Sep 10, 2009|
|Gazette Date||Feb 22, 2011|
|International application number||JP2006322991|
|International publication number||WO2007060890|
|Date of international filing||Nov 17, 2006|
|Date of international publication||May 31, 2007|
|Title||Metallic electroconductive 12CaO 7Al2O3 compound and process for producing the same|
In an electride C12A7 provided by replacing free oxygen in 12CaO.7Al2O3 with electrons, a material having metallic electroconductivity and an electric conductivity of more than 5×102 S/cm at room temperature could not have been produced without difficulties.
An electride 12CaO.7Al2O3, which has metallic electroconductivity and has an electric conductivity of more than 5×102 S/cm at room temperature, can be produced by heat-treating titanium metal vapor and 12CaO.7Al2O3 single crystal, sinter, or thin film at a temperature above 600° C. and below 1,450° C. for less than 240 hours.
Further, thermoelectric field electron release can also be realized using an electron release chip fabricated from the electride.
|Scope of claims||
1. An electride comprising: 12CaO.7Al2O3 compound wherein free oxygen ions contained in cages present in crystals of a 12CaO.7Al2O3 compound are extracted by heat-treating in titanium metal vapor and replaced with two electrons (each represented by e-) per oxygen ion; and the electride substantially represented by [Ca24Al28O64]4+(4e-),
wherein said 12CaO.7Al2O3 compound has an electric conductivity of more than 5 * 102 S/cm and less than 105 S/cm at room temperature, and has metallic electroconductivity in which the electric conductivity increases with a decrease in the temperature.
2. An electride according to claim 1, wherein the electride is used as an electron release material in an electron release element.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||ERATO/SORST Exploring and developing applications for active functions utilizing nanostructure embedded in transparent oxides AREA|
Contact Information for " Metallic electroconductive 12CaO 7Al2O3 compound and process for producing the same "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476