Polyisocyanide derivative having controlled helical main chain structure
|Posted date||Jul 5, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Dec 1, 2006|
|Gazette Date||Jan 29, 2009|
|Gazette Date||Nov 17, 2009|
|International application number||JP2006324115|
|International publication number||WO2007063994|
|Date of international filing||Dec 1, 2006|
|Date of international publication||Jun 7, 2007|
|Title||Polyisocyanide derivative having controlled helical main chain structure|
Disclosed are: a method for production of a polyisocyanide derivative having a stable helical main chain structure with a right-handed or left-handed helix or a mixture thereof from a single type of monomer by polymerizing an aromatic isocyanate having a substituent harboring a structure -CONH in the aromatic ring and a hydrophobic moiety having 6 or more carbon atoms in a polymerization solvent, wherein the direction of the helix depends on the polarity of the polymerization solvent; a poly(aromatic isocyanide) derivative produced by the method; and an aromatic isocyanide which is useful as a monomer for use in the production of the poly(aromatic isocyanide) derivative.
|Scope of claims||
1. A polyaromatic isocyanide derivative having a helical main chain structure represented by the following general formula (1):
wherein, Ar represents a benzene ring of 6 to 30 carbon atoms, R1 represents an aminocarbonyl group of an optically active alanine ester that is esterified with an alkyl group of 6 to 30 carbon atoms, the optically active alanine is any of levorotatory (S) or dextrorotatory (R) chiral body, and x is a positive number indicating the repeat of polyisocyanide group.
2. A polyaromatic isocyanide derivative according to claim 1 wherein the polyaromatic isocyanide derivative is a polyaromatic isocyanide derivative which can form a hydrogen bond between the adjacent amide groups on a side chain.
3. A polyaromatic isocyanide derivative according to claim 1 wherein the polyaromatic isocyanide derivative has a persistence length of 100 nm or more.
4. A liquid crystalline composition comprising a polyaromatic isocyanide derivative of claim 1.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)|
|Reference ( R and D project )||ERATO YASHIMA Super-structured Helix AREA|
Contact Information for " Polyisocyanide derivative having controlled helical main chain structure "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476