Polysilane-supported transition metal catalyst for liquid phase reaction
|Posted date||Jul 5, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Feb 27, 2007|
|Gazette Date||Jun 4, 2009|
|Gazette Date||Nov 27, 2012|
|International application number||JP2007053582|
|International publication number||WO2007102334|
|Date of international filing||Feb 27, 2007|
|Date of international publication||Sep 13, 2007|
|Title||Polysilane-supported transition metal catalyst for liquid phase reaction|
The present invention provides a polysilane-supported transition metal catalysts or a polysilane/inorganic compound-supported transition metal catalysts, wherein various types of transition metals are supported by polysilane compounds, or combination of polysilanes and inorganic compounds.
The catalysts of the present invention are hardly soluble in hydrocarbons and alcohols and are useful as catalysts in heterogeneous system for various organic synthetic reactions using the above solvents.
Polysilanes supporting transition metals are easily crosslinkable by thermal treatment, microwave irradiation, UV irradiation or chemical methods such as hydrosilylation reaction and are changed to be insoluble in various solvents keeping high catalytic activity.
Moreover, the stability and operability of polysilane-supported transition metal catalysts will be improved by the support thereof on inorganic compounds.
These polysilane-supported transition metal catalysts show a high catalytic activity in hydrogenation reaction, hydrosilylation reaction, Heck reaction, Suzuki-Miyaura coupling reactions and the like.
The catalyst is easily recoverable and reusable and the leakage of metals is extremely few.
|Scope of claims||
1. A crosslinked polysilane/inorganic compound-supported transition metal catalyst for liquid phase reaction comprising a transition metal, a polysilane compound and an inorganic compound, wherein the transition metal is supported by the polysilane compound and the inorganic compound to form a polysilane/inorganic compound-supported transition metal catalyst, the polysilane/inorganic compound-supported transition metal catalyst is crosslinked by heating at a temperature between 80 and 160 degree C, the inorganic compound is metal oxide, and the main chain of the polysilane compound contains an aryl group as a side chain.
2. The catalyst of claim 1, wherein the metal of the metal oxide is selected from the group consisting of aluminum, titanium, silicon, magnesium and zirconium.
3. The catalyst of claim 1, wherein the transition metal is a platinum or palladium and the amount of the transition metal atom supported by the polysilane compound and the inorganic compound is more than or equal to 0.02 mmol per 1 g of the polysilane compound.
4. The catalyst of any one of claims 1 to 3, wherein the weight average molecular weight of the polysilane compound is 2,000 to 500,000.
5. A method of performing a reduction reaction, an oxidation reaction, a decomposition reaction or a coupling reaction, the method comprising catalyzing a reduction, oxidation, decomposition, or coupling reaction with a catalyst of claim 1.
6. A crosslinked polysilane/inorganic compound-supported transition metal catalyst for liquid phase reaction comprising a transition metal, a polysilane compound and an inorganic compound, wherein the transition metal is supported by the polysilane compound and the inorganic compound, wherein the polysilane compound comprises a main chain comprising a single type of silylene unit or different types of silylene units, wherein up to 20% of Si -- Si bonds in the main chain can be substituted by siloxane bonds (Si -- O -- Si) or carbosilane bonds (Si -- CH2 -- Si), and wherein at least 50% of the silylene units of the main chain of the polysilane comprise at least one aryl group side chain, and wherein the polysilane/inorganic compound-supported transition metal catalyst is crosslinked by heating to a temperature between 80 and 160 degree C.
7. The crosslinked polysilane/inorganic compound-supported transition metal catalyst of claim 6, wherein the aryl group is selected from phenyl, substituted phenyl, naphthyl, and substituted naphthyl.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)|
|Reference ( R and D project )||ERATO KOBAYASHI Highly Functionalized Reaction Environments AREA|
Contact Information for " Polysilane-supported transition metal catalyst for liquid phase reaction "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476