Small RNA-dependent translational regulatory system in cell or artificial cell model
|Posted date||Jul 6, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Nov 21, 2008|
|Gazette Date||Dec 23, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Nov 26, 2013|
|International application number||JP2008071214|
|International publication number||WO2009066758|
|Date of international filing||Nov 21, 2008|
|Date of international publication||May 28, 2009|
|Title||Small RNA-dependent translational regulatory system in cell or artificial cell model|
An object of the present invention is to construct an mRNA which specifically responds to a short RNA sequence and can activate, repress, and regulate the translation of the desired gene, and to construct an artificial cell model system using a liposome comprising the mRNA and a cell-free translational system encapsulated therein.
The present invention provides: an mRNA comprising a target RNA-binding site located immediately 5' to the ribosome-binding site, and a nucleotide sequence located 5' to the target RNA-binding site, the nucleotide sequence being complementary to the ribosome-binding site; an mRNA comprising a small RNA-binding site located 3' to the start codon, and a nucleotide sequence located 3' to the small RNA-binding site, the nucleotide sequence encoding a protein; and a liposome comprising any of these mRNAs encapsulated therein.
|Scope of claims||
1. An mRNA comprising a microRNA-binding site located 5' to the ribosome-binding site and a nucleotide sequence located 5' to the microRNA-binding site, the nucleotide sequence being complementary to the ribosome-binding site.
2. The mRNA according to claim 1, wherein the microRNA-binding site has a sequence complementary to a microRNA selected from miR164, miR170, miR171, miR156, miR159a or miR163.
3. A liposome comprising an mRNA according to claim 1 encapsulated therein.
4. The liposome according to claim 3, wherein the liposome is produced by a method comprising steps of: mixing one or more phospholipids, the mRNA, a cell-free translation system, and an aqueous solution into an oily liquid to form a W/O emulsion in which the mRNA and the cell-free translational system are encapsulated in the phospholipid vesicle;
adding an oily liquid containing outer membrane lipids dissolved therein, to an aqueous phase to form a molecular membrane in which the lipids are arranged at the oil/water interface; and
adding the W/O emulsion to the oil phase side of the interface and moving the W/O emulsion to the aqueous phase side of the interface such that the outer membrane lipid is added outside of the W/O emulsion to form a liposome.
5. A translation/expression regulation system comprising an mRNA according to claim 1.
6. The translation/expression regulation system according to claim 5, further comprising a microRNA complementary to the microRNA-binding site.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contact Information for " Small RNA-dependent translational regulatory system in cell or artificial cell model "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476