Amorphous oxide and thin film transistor
|Posted date||Jul 6, 2011|
|Date of filing||Feb 28, 2005|
|Gazette Date||Sep 8, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Feb 8, 2017|
|Title||Amorphous oxide and thin film transistor|
The present invention relates to an amorphous oxide and a thin film transistor using the amorphous oxide.
In particular, the present invention provides an amorphous oxide having an electron carrier concentration less than 10 18 /cm 3 , and a thin film transistor using such an amorphous oxide.
In a thin film transistor having a source electrode 6, a drain electrode 5, a gate electrode 4, a gate insulating film 3, and a channel layer 2, an amorphous oxide having an electron carrier concentration less than 10 18 /cm 3 is used in the channel layer 2.
|Scope of claims||
1. A thin film transistor having a gate terminal, a source terminal, and a drain terminal, in which a semiconductor thin film deposited on a substrate is used as a channel layer, characterized in that the channel layer is formed by an amorphous thin film of a transparent oxide composed of In, Ga, Zn, and 0, and the oxide being deposited by a sputtering method or pulsed laser method using a sintered target of InGaO 3(ZnO) m, wherein m is a natural number less than 6, in an atmosphere containing oxygen gas without adding an impurity ion for increasing electrical resistance, and
wherein the oxide has an electron mobility of more than 1 cm **2/(V.sec) at room temperature selected from the range of 0 deg.C and 40 deg.C and an electron carrier concentration of 10 **16/cm **3 or less as determined by Hall effect measurements.
2. The transistor according to claim 1, further comprising a gate insulating film.
3. The transistor according to claim 2, wherein the gate insulating film contains one or more selected from Al 2O 3, Y 2O 3, or HfO 2.
4. The transistor according to claim 2, wherein the substrate is one of a glass plate, a plastic plate or a plastic film.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||ERATO HOSONO Transparent ElectroActive Materials AREA|
Contact Information for " Amorphous oxide and thin film transistor "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476