Method for fabricating a thin film transistor having an amorphous oxide as a channel layer
|Posted date||Jul 6, 2011|
|Date of filing||Feb 28, 2005|
|Gazette Date||Nov 3, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Apr 2, 2014|
|Title||Method for fabricating a thin film transistor having an amorphous oxide as a channel layer|
The present invention relates to an amorphous oxide and a thin film transistor using the amorphous oxide.
In particular, the present invention provides an amorphous oxide having an electron carrier concentration less than 10 **18 /cm **3, and a thin film transistor using such an amorphous oxide.
In a thin film transistor having a source electrode 6, a drain electrode 5, a gate electrode 4, a gate insulating film 3, and a channel layer 2, an amorphous oxide having an electron carrier concentration less than 10 **18 /cm **3 is used in the channel layer 2. (see diagramm)
|Scope of claims||
1. A method of forming a thin film transistor having a gate terminal, a source terminal, and a drain terminal, in which a semiconductor thin film deposited on a substrate is used as a channel layer, characterized by
depositing the channel layer on the substrate by a vapor-phase growth deposition method using a target of polycrystal of a compound represented by InGaO 3 (ZnO) m, wherein m is a natural number less than 6,
wherein the vapor-phase growth deposition is performed to deposit a transparent, semi-insulating and amorphous oxide composed of In, Ga, Zn, and 0, in an atmosphere containing oxygen without adding impurity ions to increase electrical resistance and
at an oxygen partial pressure so as to adjust an electron carrier concentration to 10 **18/cm **3 or less as measured by Hall-effect measurement and an electron mobility is 1 cm **2/(V.sec) or more at room temperature.
2. The method of forming a thin film transistor according to claim 1, wherein the substrate is one of a glass plate, a plastic plate or a plastic film.
3. The method of forming a thin film transistor according to claim 1, wherein the vapor-phase growth deposition method is either a pulse laser deposition method or a sputtering method.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||ERATO HOSONO Transparent ElectroActive Materials AREA|
Contact Information for " Method for fabricating a thin film transistor having an amorphous oxide as a channel layer "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476