Amorphous oxide and thin film transistor
|Posted date||Jul 6, 2011|
|Date of filing||Feb 28, 2005|
|Gazette Date||Dec 27, 2006|
|Gazette Date||Dec 10, 2014|
|International application number||JP2005003273|
|International publication number||WO2005088726|
|Date of international filing||Feb 28, 2005|
|Date of international publication||Sep 22, 2005|
|Title||Amorphous oxide and thin film transistor|
The present invention relates to an amorphous oxide and a thin film transistor using the amorphous oxide.
In particular, the present invention provides an amorphous oxide having an electron carrier concentration less than 10 **18 /cm **3, and a thin film transistor using such an amorphous oxide.
In a thin film transistor having a source electrode 6, a drain electrode 5, a gate electrode 4, a gate insulating film 3, and a channel layer 2, an amorphous oxide having an electron carrier concentration less than 10 **18 /cm **3 is used in the channel layer 2.(see diagramm)
|Scope of claims||
1. A thin film transistor, comprising: a source electrode (6); a drain electrode (5); a gate electrode (4); a channel layer (2); and a gate insulating film (3) positioned between the gate electrode (4) and the channel layer (2), characterized in that the channel layer (2) is formed from a deposited thin film of a transparent amorphous oxide selected from: SnO 2 which is formed as amorphous phase in the presence of In 2O 3 as a host oxide and is represented by In xSn 1-x oxides (0.8 <= x < 1), Indium oxide represented by In 2O 3, or Indium oxide containing neither Zn nor Sn and partly replaced In by Ga and represented by In-Ga oxides, wherein the In-Ga oxides are deposited from a target having a composition of (In 2O 3) 1-x-(Ga 2O 3) x (0 < x <= 0.1), wherein the oxide has an electron mobility of 1 cm **2/(V.sec) or more at room temperature and an electron carrier concentration of less than 10 **18/cm **3 as measured by Hall-effect measurement, and the oxide is deposited at room temperature by a sputtering method or pulsed laser method in an atmosphere containing oxygen gas and without adding an impurity ion for increasing the electrical resistance.
2. The thin film transistor according to claim 1, wherein the amorphous oxide is formed on a glass substrate, a metal substrate, a plastic substrate, or a plastic film.
3. The thin film transistor according to claim 1, wherein a gate insulating layer (3) comprises one of Al 2O 3, Y 2O 3, and HfO 2 or a mixed crystal compound containing at least two of these compounds.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||ERATO HOSONO Transparent ElectroActive Materials AREA|
Contact Information for " Amorphous oxide and thin film transistor "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8417