Method for producing SiC fiber-reinforced SiC composite material by means of hot press
|Posted date||Aug 23, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Oct 25, 2001|
|Gazette Date||Jun 17, 2004|
|Gazette Date||Jul 29, 2008|
|International application number||JP2001009363|
|International publication number||WO2002081405|
|Date of international filing||Oct 25, 2001|
|Date of international publication||Oct 17, 2002|
|Title||Method for producing SiC fiber-reinforced SiC composite material by means of hot press|
A powdery mixture of fine SiC powder with one or more oxide sintering additives of Al2O3, Y2O3, SiO2 and CaO is blended and uniformly dispersed in a polymeric SiC precursor to prepare a matrix-forming polymeric slurry.
A preform of SiC fiber, which has quasi-stoichiometric composition with high crystallinity, is impregnated with the polymeric slurry and then hot-pressed at a temperature of 1600.degree. C. or higher in presence of a liquid phase.
Since the heat-resistant SiC fiber is used as strengthening fiber, the prepreg is sintered to a dense SiC composite excellent in mechanical properties by one-step hot-pressing.
|Scope of claims||
1. A hot-pressing method of manufacturing a SiC-matrix composite reinforced by SiC fiber, which comprises the steps of: providing a powdery mixture of fine SiC powder with one or more sintering additives selected from Al2O3, Y2O3, SiO2 and CaO;
preparing a matrix-forming slurry by blending said powdery mixture in a polymeric SiC precursor;impregnating a preform of SiC fiber, which has quasi-stoichiometric composition with high crystallinity, with said slurry;
hot-pressing said SiC fiber impregnated preform at a temperature between 1600 deg. C. and 1850 deg. C. with a pressure of 10-20 MPa in presence of a liquid phase resulting from reaction of the sintering additive or additives with fine SiC powder.
2. The hot-pressing method defined by claim 1, wherein the polymeric SiC precursor is one or more of polycarbosilane, polyvinylsilane and polymethylsilane.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Social Systems for Better Environment Performance AREA|
Contact Information for " Method for producing SiC fiber-reinforced SiC composite material by means of hot press "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476