Method for producing SiC fiber-reinforced SiC composite material
|Posted date||Aug 23, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Oct 25, 2001|
|Gazette Date||Jan 6, 2005|
|Gazette Date||Jan 15, 2008|
|International application number||JP2001009365|
|International publication number||WO2002098819|
|Date of international filing||Oct 25, 2001|
|Date of international publication||Dec 12, 2002|
|Title||Method for producing SiC fiber-reinforced SiC composite material|
A preformed of SiC fiber, which is coated with one or more of C, BN and SiC, is impregnated with a slurry, which suspends fine SiC powder and a sintering additive therein.
The impregnated preform is hot-pressed at 1600-1800° C. with a pressure of 10 MPa or more.
The sintering additive may be one or more of Al2O3, Y2O3, SiO2 and CaO.
The slurry may futher contain a silicone polymer selected from polycarbosilane, polyvinylsilane and polymethylsilane.
Reaction of SiC fiber with a matrix is inhibited by the coating, so as to manufacture a SiC fiber-reinforced SiC-matrix composite remarkably improved in mechanical properties.
|Scope of claims||
1. A method of manufacturing a SiC fiber-reinforced SiC matrix composite, comprising the steps of: providing a fiber preform composed of a SiC fiber, said SiC fiber having a quasi-stoichiometric composition and coated with one or more coatings selected from the group consisting of carbon, boron nitride and silicon carbide;
preparing a slurry by mixing fine SiC powder and a sintering additive with a silicone polymer, said sintering additive selected from the group consisting of Al2O3, SiO2 and CaO;impregnating the fiber preform with the slurry;
hot-pressing the impregnated fiber preform at 1600 deg. C. to 1800 deg. C. with a pressure of between 10 MPa and 30 MPa, wherein the impregnated fiber preform is liquid-phase sintered to a SiC fiber-reinforced SiC matrix composite wherein the sintering additive and the fine SiC powder are converted to a liquid phase, resulting in promotion of the sintering reaction and densification of the SiC matrix composite.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the silicone polymer is one or more silicone polymers selected from the group consisting of polycarbosilane, polyvinylsilane and polymethylsilane.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Social Systems for Better Environment Performance AREA|
Contact Information for " Method for producing SiC fiber-reinforced SiC composite material "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476