Numb protein expression inhibitors by Musashi
|Posted date||Aug 26, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Nov 22, 2001|
|Gazette Date||Mar 18, 2004|
|Gazette Date||Sep 4, 2007|
|International application number||JP2001010231|
|International publication number||WO2002099102|
|Date of international filing||Nov 22, 2001|
|Date of international publication||Dec 12, 2002|
|Title||Numb protein expression inhibitors by Musashi|
An Numb protein expression inhibitor comprising, as active ingredient, Musashi protein, a polypeptide having an amino acid sequence obtained by replacement, deletion, addition or insertion of at least one amino acid in an amino acid sequence of Musashi protein, or a gene encoding said polypeptide.
By the present invention, a new function of Musashi protein has been elucidated.
Described specifically, Musashi protein inhibits expression of Numb protein having a neuronal differentiation regulating function and potentiates the activity of the Notch signaling system, so that Musashi protein can be used as a therapeutic for various diseases of the central nervous system.
|Scope of claims||
1. A method for potentiating neural stem cell proliferating activity, which comprises administering an effective amount of mammalian Musashi 1 protein to a mammalian subject by injection.
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein said injection is to the tissue or cells of said mammalian subject.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said mammalian Musashi 1 protein is isolated from cells in which they are naturally expressed.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said mammalian Musashi 1 protein is prepared by DNA recombination technology comprising transfected cells with an expression vector containing the cloned gene encoding for said mammalian Musashi 1 protein.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said mammalian Musashi 1 protein is a mouse Musashi 1 protein.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said mammalian Musashi 1 protein is isolated from mammalian CNS stem cells.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein said effective amount ranges from 0.1 mu g to 10 mg per day in terms of the weight of the Musashi 1 protein.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein said neural stem cell proliferation is by inhibiting expression of Numb protein .
9. The method of claim 1, wherein said neural stem cell proliferation is by potentiating Notch signaling.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Development, Differentiation, and Regeneration in Biological Systems AREA|
Contact Information for " Numb protein expression inhibitors by Musashi "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476