Functional member from co-based alloy and process for producing the same
|Posted date||Aug 31, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Apr 7, 2008|
|Gazette Date||Feb 24, 2011|
|Gazette Date||Sep 20, 2011|
|Title||Functional member from co-based alloy and process for producing the same|
A Co-based alloy having a fundamental composition of Co—Al system containing 3-15% Al and having lamellar structure wherein f.c.c. structure α-phase and &bgr;(B2)-phase are superimposed on each other in layers, and the Co-based alloy is modified so as to have a porous surface layer region effective for chemical retaining capability, sustained release, biocompatibility, etc. through selective removal of either the α-phase or the &bgr;-phase from the surface layer.
As a third component, at least one member selected from among Ni, Fe, Mn, Ga, Cr, V, Ti, Mo, Nb, Zr, W, Ta, Hf, Si, Rh, Pd, Ir, Pt, Au, B, C and P may be contained in a total amount of 0.001 to 60%.
|Scope of claims||
1. A functional member from a Co-based alloy comprising: a base member of a Co -- Al alloy containing 3 to 15% by mass of Al; and
a lamellar structure wherein the occupancy ratio is 30% by volume or more, a f.c.c. structure alpha -phase and beta (B2)-phase with an interlayer spacing of 100 mu m or less are repeated in layers, and the surface of the base member is modified so as to have a porous surface layer region through selective removal of the alpha -phase or the beta (B2)-phase.
2. The functional member from a Co-based alloy according to claim 1, further comprising a base member of a Co-based alloy having a composition which comprises, on the basis of mass percent, 3 to 15% of Al and further comprises one or more members selected from the following: 0.01 to 50% of Ni, 0.01 to 40% of Fe, 0.01 to 30% of Mn, 0.01 to 40% of Cr, 0.01 to 30% of Mo, 0.01 to 5% of Si, 0.01 to 30% of W, 0.01 to 10% of Zr, 0.01 to 15% of Ta, 0.01 to 10% of Hf, 0.01 to 20% of Ga, 0.01 to 20% of V, 0.01 to 12% of Ti, 0.01 to 20% of Nb, 0.001 to 3% of C, 0.01 to 20% of Rh, 0.01 to 20% of Pd, 0.01 to 20% of Ir, 0.01 to 20% of Pt, 0.01 to 10% of Au, 0.001 to 1% of B, and 0.001 to 1% of P in a total of 0.001 to 60% and with inevitable impurities.
3. The functional member from a Co-based alloy according to claim 1, wherein the porous surface layer region has a depth of 500 nm or more below the surface of the base member and the area of the porous surface layer region is 1.5 times more than that of the surface area before porous formation.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST The Innovation of Simulation Technology and the Construction of Foundations for Its Practical Use AREA|
Contact Information for " Functional member from co-based alloy and process for producing the same "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476