Aluminum-containing zinc oxide-based n-type thermoelectric conversion material
|Posted date||Sep 7, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Feb 17, 2009|
|Gazette Date||May 5, 2011|
|Gazette Date||Jun 4, 2013|
|International application number||JP2009052684|
|International publication number||WO2009154019|
|Date of international filing||Feb 17, 2009|
|Date of international publication||Dec 23, 2009|
|Title||Aluminum-containing zinc oxide-based n-type thermoelectric conversion material|
ZnAlO series thermoelectric conversion materials have large thermal conductivity kappa about 40 W/mK at room temperature, thus the dimensionless figure of merit ZT remains around 0.3 at 1000 deg C, which is a third of the value required in practical application.
An n-type thermoelectric conversion material, comprising aluminum including zinc oxide, which is represented by a general formula: Zn1-x-yAlxGayO (wherein 0.01@email@example.com, 0.01@firstname.lastname@example.org, 0.9@email@example.com).
ZT value not less than 0.6 can be realized at 1000 deg C.
By co-doping Al and Ga into ZnO, the thermal conductivity kappa can be significantly reduced maintaining a large electric conductivity sigma, resulting in a significant improvement of the thermoelectric performance.
|Scope of claims||
1. An n-type thermoelectric conversion material, comprising aluminum including zinc oxide, wherein the aluminum including zinc oxide is represented by a general formula: Zn1-x-yAlxGayO (wherein 0.01 <= x <= 0.04, 0.01 <= y <= 0.03, 0.9 <= x/y <= 2.0).
2. The n-type thermoelectric conversion material of claim 1, wherein the n-type thermoelectric conversion material has a dimensionless figure of merit (ZT) not smaller than 0.2 at 600 deg C.
3. A method for manufacturing the n-type thermoelectric conversion material of claim 1 or claim 2 comprising sintering of powder materials, wherein, Al and Ga are simultaneously doped to form solid solution in ZnO, and further
a fine structure is formed, wherein fine particles originated from Ga are dispersed in the fine structure.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Development of Advanced Nanostructured Materials for Energy Conversion and Storage AREA|
Contact Information for " Aluminum-containing zinc oxide-based n-type thermoelectric conversion material "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476