Composite material comprising silicon matrix and method of producing the same
|Posted date||Sep 7, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Mar 2, 2009|
|Gazette Date||Jun 23, 2011|
|Gazette Date||Mar 17, 2015|
|International application number||JP2009053867|
|International publication number||WO2009110428|
|Date of international filing||Mar 2, 2009|
|Date of international publication||Sep 11, 2009|
|Title||Composite material comprising silicon matrix and method of producing the same|
Proposed are a composite material, wherein non-penetrating pores that are formed in a silicon surface layer are filled up with a metal or the like without leaving any voids by using the plating technique, and a method of producing the composite material.
A composite material, which has been packed at a high accuracy, or in other words, in which little voids are left, can be obtained by filling up non-penetrating pores that are formed from a silicon surface (100) substantially with a second metal or an alloy of the second metal (106) with the use of the autocatalytic electroless plating technique wherein a first metal located at the bottom of the non-penetrating pores as described above serves as the starting point.
|Scope of claims||
1. A composite material comprising a silicon matrix, the composite material comprising: non-penetrating pores in a silicon surface, the non-penetrating pores having a side surface and a bottom surface and a maximum depth of 180 nm;
a first metal in direct contact with the bottom surface of the non-penetrating pores; and
a second metal, or an alloy thereof, substantially filling the remaining volume of the non-penetrating pores and in direct contact with the side surface of the non-penetrating pores and in direct contact with the first metal,
wherein the first metal is in the shape of particles or islands within the non-penetrating pores.
2. The composite material of claim 1, wherein: the silicon surface is porous by provision of the non-penetrating pores.
3. The composite material of claim 1 or 2, wherein: the first metal comprises at least one metal selected from palladium (Pd), silver (Ag), gold (Au), platinum (Pt), and rhodium (Rh).
4. The composite material of claim 1 or 2, wherein: the first metal is silver (Ag) or gold (Au), and the second metal is cobalt (Co).
5. The composite of claim 1, wherein the non-penetrating pores are substantially filled with the second metal or alloy thereof by autocatalytic electroless plating.
6. The composite of claim 1, wherein the first metal is in the shape of particles.
7. The composite of claim 1, wherein the first metal is in the shape of islands.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Development of Advanced Nanostructured Materials for Energy Conversion and Storage AREA|
Contact Information for " Composite material comprising silicon matrix and method of producing the same "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476