Hollow nanoparticle of NBsAg large protein for drug delivery
|Posted date||Sep 8, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Mar 26, 2003|
|Gazette Date||Apr 27, 2006|
|Gazette Date||May 31, 2011|
|International application number||JP2003003694|
|International publication number||WO2003082330|
|Date of international filing||Mar 26, 2003|
|Date of international publication||Oct 9, 2003|
|Title||Hollow nanoparticle of NBsAg large protein for drug delivery|
The invention provides a therapeutic drug that uses hollow protein nanoparticles displaying an antibody against a specific cell or specific tissue.
The effectiveness of the drug has been proved by animal testing.
The invention also provides a therapeutic method using such a drug.
In a drug according to the present invention, a substance to be transferred into a cell for treating a disease (for example, a cancer treating gene such as a thymidine kinase gene derived from simple herpes virus) is encapsulated in hollow nanoparticles of a particle-forming protein (for example, hepatitis B virus surface-antigen protein that has been modified to lack its infectivity to hepatocytes and display an antibody).
The particle surface of the drug displays an antibody, such as a cancer specific antibody, that recognizes an antigen molecule displayed on the surface of a specific cancer cell.
|Scope of claims||
1. A hollow nanoparticle for delivering a substance to a cell, comprising a modified HBV surface antigen large (HBsAg L) protein formed into a particle, an antibody displayed on the surface of the particle, and a substance encapsulated inside the particle, wherein the modified HBsAg L protein includes a replacement of amino acids 50 to 153 in a pre-S region of the HBsAg L protein, corresponding to HBV serotype y, by a ZZ tag consisting of SEQ ID NO: 29, and wherein the antibody binds to the ZZ tag fused to the HBsAg L protein.
2. The hollow nanoparticle of claim 1, wherein the antibody is a single chain antibody.
3. The hollow nanoparticle of claim 1, wherein the modified HBsAg L protein is expressed in a eukaryotic cell.
4. The hollow nanoparticle of claim 3, wherein the eukaryotic cell is selected from a group consisting of a yeast cell, an insect cell, and an animal cell.
5. The hollow nanoparticle of claim 1, wherein the substance comprises a gene.
6. The hollow nanoparticle of claim 5, wherein the gene comprises a gene of thymidine kinase derived from simplex herpes virus.
7. A hollow nanoparticle comprising a modified HBV surface antigen large (HBsAg L) protein formed into a particle, wherein the modified HBsAg L protein includes a replacement of amino acids 50 to 153 in a pre-S region of the HBsAg L protein, corresponding to HBV serotype y, by a ZZ tag consisting of SEQ ID NO: 29.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contact Information for " Hollow nanoparticle of NBsAg large protein for drug delivery "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476