Transposase and method of gene modification
|Posted date||Sep 9, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Mar 14, 2006|
|Gazette Date||Sep 21, 2006|
|Gazette Date||Dec 23, 2008|
|International application number||JP2000008014|
|International publication number||WO2001040477|
|Date of international filing||Nov 14, 2000|
|Date of international publication||Jun 7, 2001|
|Title||Transposase and method of gene modification|
A transposase encoded by the Tol2 element; a polynucleotide encoding the same; a method of modifying the gene structure of a cell (preferably a vertebrate cell) by using the above protein; a method of modifying the function of a cell by modifying the gene structure thereof; and a cell having been modified in function by these methods.
Also the structure of a cis element necessary in gene transfer is clarified and presented.
|Scope of claims||
1. An isolated nucleic acid encoding a protein having a transposase-like activity which can insert a fragment of a gene into the genome, wherein the protein consists of the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO: 2.
2. The nucleic acid according to claim 1, wherein the nucleic acid is DNA consisting of the nucleotide sequence of SEQ ID NO: 1.
3. The nucleic acid according to claim 1, wherein the nucleic acid is RNA.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contact Information for " Transposase and method of gene modification "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8417