Transposase and method of gene modification
|Posted date||Sep 9, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Mar 14, 2006|
|Gazette Date||Sep 21, 2006|
|Gazette Date||Jun 22, 2010|
|International application number||JP2000008014|
|International publication number||WO2001040477|
|Date of international filing||Nov 14, 2000|
|Date of international publication||Jun 7, 2001|
|Title||Transposase and method of gene modification|
A transposase encoded by the Tol2 element; a polynucleotide encoding the same; a method of modifying the gene structure of a cell (preferably a vertebrate cell) by using the above protein; a method of modifying the function of a cell by modifying the gene structure thereof; and a cell having been modified in function by these methods.
Also the structure of a cis element necessary in gene transfer is clarified and presented.
|Scope of claims||
1. A method for modifying a genome structure of a cell, the method comprising a) introducing a nucleic acid encoding a protein having the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO: 2, and a polynucleotide sequence comprising an exogenous nucleic acid and a cis-element of Oryzias Latipes Tol2 element into the cell; b) producing the protein in the cell; and c) modifying the genome structure by the insertion of the exogenous nucleic acid into the genome.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the nucleic acid encoding the protein is mRNA.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the cell is a vertebrate cell.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein the exogenous nucleic acid and the cis-element of Oryzias Latipes Tol2 element are contained in a plasmid.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein the nucleic acid encoding the protein and the polynucleotide sequence of step a) are separately introduced into the cell.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein the nucleic acid encoding the protein and the polynucleotide sequence of step a) are simultaneously introduced into the cell.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contact Information for " Transposase and method of gene modification "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476