Process and apparatus for producing emulsion and microcapsules
|Posted date||Sep 9, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Jun 30, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Dec 30, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Nov 11, 2014|
|International application number||JP2002001186|
|International publication number||WO2002068104|
|Date of international filing||Feb 13, 2002|
|Date of international publication||Sep 6, 2002|
|Title||Process and apparatus for producing emulsion and microcapsules|
A process and apparatus for rapidly producing an emulsion and microcapsules in a simple manner is provided wherein a dispersion phase is ejected from a dispersion phase-feeding port toward a continuous phase flowing in a microchannel in such a manner that flows of the dispersion phase and the continuous phase cross each other, thereby obtaining microdroplets, formed by the shear force of the continuous phase, having a size smaller than the width of the channel for feeding the dispersion phase.
|Scope of claims||
1. A process for producing an emulsion, comprising: ejecting a dispersion phase towards a junction of flows of a first continuous phase and a second continuous phase, wherein a flow of the dispersion phase joins the flows of the first and second continuous phases to form the emulsion,
the first continuous phase is ejected from a first microchannel,
the second continuous phase is ejected from a second microchannel,
the first and second microchannels substantially oppose each other,
the dispersion phase is ejected from a dispersion phase feeding channel,
the first and second microchannels are substantially perpendicular to the dispersion phase feeding channel, and
a part of the flow of the first and second continuous phases enters into the dispersion phase feeding channel.
2. The process for producing an emulsion according to claim 1 wherein the dispersion phase is ejected approximately perpendicular to each of the flows of the first and second continuous phases.
3. The process for producing an emulsion according to claim 2 wherein the dispersion phase ejected approximately perpendicular to each of the flows of the first and second continuous phases is arranged along with the flows of the first and second continuous phases at multiple positions.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contact Information for " Process and apparatus for producing emulsion and microcapsules "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8417