Process and apparatus for producing emulsion and microcapsules
|Posted date||Sep 12, 2011|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Nov 28, 2005|
|Gazette Date||Apr 13, 2006|
|Gazette Date||May 18, 2010|
|International application number||JP2002001186|
|International publication number||WO2002068104|
|Date of international filing||Feb 13, 2002|
|Date of international publication||Sep 6, 2002|
|Title||Process and apparatus for producing emulsion and microcapsules|
In a process and apparatus for rapidly producing an emulsion and microcapsules in a simple manner, a dispersion phase is ejected from a dispersion phase-feeding port toward a continuous phase flowing in a microchannel in such a manner that flows of the dispersion phase and the continuous phase cross each other, thereby obtaining microdroplets, formed by a shear force of the continuous phase, having a size smaller than the width of the channel for feeding the dispersion phase.
|Scope of claims||
1. An apparatus for producing an emulsion, comprising: (a) a microchannel formed on a substrate such that a dispersion phase thereof communicates with a continuous phase thereof;
(b) a plurality of first parallel electrodes formed in the microchannel on the substrate and in a direction perpendicular to the microchannel and arranged in stripes, a moving electric field applied to the parallel electrodes; and
(c) a plurality of second parallel electrodes formed on the substrate in a direction of the microchannel and arranged in stripes, wherein a moving electric field is applied to the second parallel electrodes by static electricity on the side of the continuous phase of the downstream of the microchannel.
2. The apparatus for producing an emulsion according to claim 1, wherein the moving speed of the moving electric field applied to the first parallel electrodes is varied, whereby a rate of forming the emulsion is varied.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contact Information for " Process and apparatus for producing emulsion and microcapsules "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476