Three-dimensional object manufactured by stereolithography and to which cytocompatibility process is applied
|発明の名称 （英語）||Three-dimensional object manufactured by stereolithography and to which cytocompatibility process is applied|
The present invention provides a means to detoxify and add cytocompatibility to three-dimensional microstereolithographic objects fabricated by microstereolithography.
Cytocompatibility is a property of a material in that the material is non-toxic to cells and does not have an adverse effect on the activities of living cells.
In the present invention, three-dimensional microstereolithographic objects fabricated by microstereolithography are exposed to UV light for one hour to accelerate hardening.
The structures are then heated at 175 °C or above for at least 6 hours.
The heating temperature may exceed the glass transition temperature, which is the index of thermal softening temperature of materials.
The present invention relates to three-dimensional microstructures formed by microstereolithography.
Deformation due to a structure's own weight, which generally poses a problem in heat treatment, is reduced with microstructures due to the size effect.
As a result, the dimensions of the three-dimensional structure fabricated by the present invention remain almost unchanged before and after the heat treatment.
1. Minute three-dimensional structures fabricated by microstereolithography, wherein said structures are detoxified and cytocompatible at least to the extent that cells isolated and cultured outside living organisms can be cultured on the surfaces of and in contact with said structures; and said detoxification is achieved by heating said structures to at least their glass transition temperature after UV-curing.
2. Minute three-dimensional structures claimed in Claim 1 wherein said structures are mainly formed from photo-curing materials selected from the group of acrylate, epoxy, acrylate-epoxy complex, and oxetane.
3. Minute three-dimensional structures claimed in Claim 1 or 2 wherein said glass transition temperature is about 175 deg.C to 200 deg.C, and heating time is 6 to 24 hours.
4. Minute three-dimensional structures as claimed in Claim 1 wherein one of the dimensions x, y, and z of at least one portion of said structure is less than 1 mm, and deformation of a structure due to its own weight when heated above the glass transition temperature is reduced due to the size effect.
|参考情報 （研究プロジェクト等）||CREST Novel Measuring and Analytical Technology Contributions to the Elucidation and Application of Life Phenomena AREA|
『 Three-dimensional object manufactured by stereolithography and to which cytocompatibility process is applied 』に関するお問合せ
- 国立研究開発法人科学技術振興機構（ＪＳＴ） 知的財産マネジメント推進部
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 〒102-8666 東京都千代田区四番町5-3
- TEL: 03-5214-8293
- FAX: 03-5214-8476