Plasma generation device, plasma control method, and substrate manufacturing method
|Posted date||May 28, 2012|
|Country||Republic of Korea|
|Date of filing||Dec 12, 2003|
|Gazette Date||Sep 29, 2011|
|Gazette Date||Sep 28, 2012|
|International application number||JP2003016007|
|International publication number||WO2004056159|
|Date of international filing||Dec 12, 2003|
|Date of international publication||Jul 1, 2004|
|Title||Plasma generation device, plasma control method, and substrate manufacturing method|
The present invention aims to provide a plasma generator capable of creating a spatially uniform distribution of high-density plasma. This object is achieved by the following construction. Multiple antennas 16 are located on the sidewall of a vacuum chamber 11, and a RF power source is connected to three or four antennas 16 in parallel via a plate-shaped conductor 19. The length of the conductor of each antenna 16 is shorter than the quarter wavelength of the induction electromagnetic wave generated within the vacuum chamber. Setting the length of the conductor of the antenna in such a manner prevents the occurrence of a standing wave and thereby maintains the uniformity of the plasma within the vacuum chamber. In addition, the plate-shaped conductor 19 improves the heat-releasing efficiency, which also contributes to the suppression of the impedance. <IMAGE>
(From EP1575343 A1)
|Outline of related art and contending technology||
In recent years, amorphous silicon film (thin film transistor) - LCD TFT used to display an image having high brightness can be higher than the poly silicon is attracting attention TFT field LCD. In polysilicon TFT field LCD, firstly, a poly silicon thin film is formed on a glass substrate for the polysilicon substrate is manufactured. A plurality of polysilicon on the substrate 2 arranged in two dimensions and is divided into regions of pixels, each pixel region by forming a thin film transistor substrate for LCD (TFT) system according to the invention. The polysilicon of a large screen in order to produce TFT - LCD, high quality, high flatness in particular has become necessary to the silicon substrate.
The polysilicon substrate is a substrate for a high efficiency solar cells and also getting attention, along with the application demand and enlargement of the area () have been required to be present. In addition, even for the general substrate for a semiconductor device, a large area than the opening size of the single crystal at right angles, by the deposition of the substrate is not used and hence not preferable.
These fields are used in order to manufacture a substrate, using the plasma treatment is performed. Using the plasma treatment, the surface of the substrate and the substrate as a foundation for depositing raw material processing, and, etching the substrate to be processed by surface treatment or the like are included. With increase in size of the substrate, and the size of an apparatus for performing plasma treatment needs to be, the largest problem at that time, the nonuniformity of the plasma treatment. In order to solve this problem, the surface of a substrate (whole surface) of the plasma density over the possible need to be made uniform. On the other hand, from the viewpoint of productivity, and increase the plasma density, thereby increasing the deposition rate or etching rate is required.
There are a method of generating the plasma, the plasma (electron cyclotron resonance; Electron Cyclotron Resonance) ECR, microwave plasma, inductively coupled plasma, capacitively coupled plasma method and the like. In this inductively coupled plasma method, the antenna high frequency voltage is applied to the induction coil, the inside of the plasma generating apparatus that generates electromagnetic field, thereby generating a plasma of the present invention. According to this structure, the plasma apparatus which is one of the condition required of a high density plasma can be generated. On the other hand, since the plasma density depends on the distance from the antenna, said further requirement for uniformity in the plasma density of the structural shape or position of the antenna can be improved by the twenty has been attempted. For example, Japanese Unexamined Patent Application Publication No. 2000-058297 (hereinafter, 'patent document 1' is assumed to be) include, a plasma generation chamber provided outside of the ceiling of a flat plate shape from a coil of a high frequency is introduced, to improve the uniformity of plasma density is described.
In such a structure is to reduce the area of the substrate () if it is desired, the mechanical strength of the ceiling of the plasma generation chamber in order to secure a sufficiently thick wall of the ceiling must be paid. However, patent document 1 in the apparatus of the plasma generation chamber is arranged on the outside of the antenna and therefore, the induction electromagnetic field radiated from an antenna attenuates in the wall, electromagnetic induction of the plasma generating chamber is difficult to obtain a sufficiently high strength. In other words, the method described in patent document 1 in, for uniformity in the plasma density constant but further improvement is observed, the plasma density is difficult to be sufficiently high.
On the other hand the inventors have found that Japanese Unexamined Patent Application Publication ('2 patent') No. 2001-035697 wherein, the plasma generating high frequency antenna may be mounted on the inside of the deposition chamber, providing a plurality of antennas, and main circuit (circumference) of a shape that does not use the antenna proposed.
According to this configuration, the wall of the plasma generation chamber is not impaired, and the attenuation of the electromagnetic field induced in the plasma generation chamber is not emitted, the plasma density can be made sufficiently high. In addition, a plurality of antennas disposed uniformly derived from the emitted electromagnetic field and therefore, its uniformity is improved, thereby improving the uniformity of plasma density can be included therein. Moreover, a large voltage is applied to the internal antenna is more likely to generate a discharge (abnormal), a plurality of antennas of the individual antenna by providing the inductance becomes small, abnormal discharge does not occur. Does not rotate the shape of the antenna to be used also, the inductance of the antenna is small contributes to suppression of the abnormal discharge. By these effects, a large area of the target substrate for deposition processing or etching processing is enabled. Or less, as described in Patent document 2 is provided with a plurality of antenna configuration is' multi antenna scheme ' is referred to.
A greater area in the future in order of processing a substrate, while ensuring sufficiently high strength of the plasma density, high uniformity of the plasma state than is required to generate. For this purpose, the multi antenna each method, the shape of the antenna or the antenna position and the like of each of the relation of n, is not presently considered parameters would need to review. In addition, the electromagnetic wave radiated from an antenna to induce a standing wave formed, such that the plasma uniformity is damaged. Moreover, the intensity of the electromagnetic induction as it depends on the distance from the high frequency antenna, multi antenna may still be used in such a manner, the plasma density near the center of the substrate outer periphery (outer border) of the substrate becomes smaller than that in the vicinity. When there is little substrate area near the center of the substrate and the substrate to the vicinity of the outer peripheral portion of the plasma density in an allowable range though the difference, if the difference is to increase the area of the substrate cannot be ignored will be described. In addition, the rate of etching or deposition and the like, ion species or radical species (species) since this example also, the ion species or radical species generated by kary needs to be taken into account.
|Scope of claims||
1. (a) the vacuum container, (b) provided in said vacuum container, placing the substrate processing volume (to) to the substrate with a (substrate stage), (c) in said vacuum container, a substrate stage arranged in parallel to the plurality of inductively coupled high frequency antenna, and a, each impedance element is connected to the antenna and, wherein said impedance elements and each of the impedance of the variable voltage or current (change) measuring an antenna unit, the measuring unit measures a voltage or a current value obtained in said variable impedance by setting the value of the control unit to the plasma generating apparatus.
2. Method according to claim 1, of the plurality of antenna is a high frequency power source 1 connected in parallel to the plasma generation apparatus.
3. Method according to claim 1, 1 1 of the two antennas are connected to the high frequency power source to the plasma generating apparatus.
4. AMEND STATUS: Delete
5. Method according to claim 1, wherein the impedance element is a variable inductance coil to the plasma generating apparatus.
6. AMEND STATUS: Delete
7. Method according to claim 1, wherein the measurement unit, current flowing in the antenna caused by the induced electromotive arranged within that can detect and detecting a current of the antenna provided with a pickup coil and the plasma generating apparatus.
8. Method according to claim 1, wherein the measurement unit, both ends of the antenna is connected in parallel with the antenna, the antenna for detecting a voltage in the capacitor to the plasma generating apparatus.
9. Method according to claim 1, wherein the measurement unit, a high frequency current or voltage detected current or voltage signal to a DC signal to the bridge circuit is provided with a detector or wherein the plasma generating apparatus.
10. Method according to claim 1, wherein the measurement unit, current signals and voltage signals of the antenna signal combining unit and a synthesis, a synthesized signal in the signal synthesizer which removes high frequency component of the low pass filter of the plasma generating apparatus.
11. 3 Apparatus according to any one of claims 1, or claim 5, or claim 10 to claim 7 wherein any one, or a ceiling wall of the side wall of the vacuum vessel to the antenna are arranged on both sides thereof in the plasma generating apparatus.
12. 3 Apparatus according to any one of claims 1, or claim 5, or claims 7 to 10 in any one of claims, wherein the antenna is covered with an insulating material on the surface of the plasma generating apparatus.
13. 3 Apparatus according to any one of claims 1, or claim 5, or claims 7 to 10 in any one of claims, within the vacuum vessel of the antenna is a planar shape in the plasma generating apparatus.
14. 3 Apparatus according to any one of claims 1, or claim 5, or claims 7 to 10 in any one of claims, wherein the plurality of antenna is 1 or a plurality of antennas are divided into a plurality of characters and, for each group of each antenna 1 in the high frequency power supply in parallel to the plasma generating apparatus.
15. A vacuum chamber, a wall or ceiling or side wall of the vacuum vessel from both sides, on a substrate stage placing the substrate to be processed are arranged in parallel at a high frequency antenna of a plurality of inductively coupled plasma generating apparatus is provided, and each impedance element is connected to the antenna, the impedance value of each impedance element by controlling the plasma density distribution in the vacuum vessel with the control, and the variable impedance element of impedance values, each voltage of a high frequency antenna, or both current measurements, the resulting voltage, current or by multiplying the control variable impedance value thereof to the second control method.
16. AMEND STATUS: Delete
17. 3 Apparatus according to any one of claims 1, or claim 5, or claim 10 to claim 7 according to any one of claims or 15 plasma generating apparatus as described by the source of high frequency power and for generating the plasma, the plasma depositing of a raw material of the product to the second major surface.
18. 3 Apparatus according to any one of claims 1, or claim 5, or claims 7 to 10 the method according to any one of claims 15 to a plasma generation device or the plasma control method using a plasma generated by the etching treatment of the second major surface.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contact Information for " Plasma generation device, plasma control method, and substrate manufacturing method "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8417