Method for production of antibody using ostrich
|Posted date||May 28, 2012|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Aug 16, 2011|
|Gazette Date||Dec 8, 2011|
|Gazette Date||Aug 26, 2014|
|International application number||JP2006316960|
|International publication number||WO2007026689|
|Date of international filing||Aug 29, 2006|
|Date of international publication||Mar 8, 2007|
|Title||Method for production of antibody using ostrich|
Disclosed is an antibody produced using an ostrich.
Also disclosed is a method for producing the antibody.
By using an ostrich, it becomes possible to produce antibodies (particularly antibodies for medical use), which have been hardly produced by using the mammals such as the mouse and the rat, homogeneously in a single body, in large quantities and in a simple manner.
The method can overcome a disadvantage of lot-to-lot variation which may occur in the production of polyclonal antibodies using other animals.
|Scope of claims||
1. A method of producing an ostrich antibody having binding specificity for a viral protein or a peptide thereof, comprising the steps of: a. administering to an ostrich of 2.5 to 10 months of age a viral protein or a peptide fragment thereof as an antigen,
b. permitting in vivo production of an ostrich antibody against the protein or the peptide fragment thereof, where the ostrich antibody specifically binds to the protein or the peptide fragment thereof,
c. isolating the ostrich antibody from an ostrich fluid, and
d. producing a polyclonal antibody having binding specificity for a viral protein or a peptide thereof.
2. The method of producing an ostrich antibody of claim 1, wherein the ostrich is female ostrich and the ostrich fluid is a yolk of an egg from the female ostrich.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contact Information for " Method for production of antibody using ostrich "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476