Akt activity specifically inhibiting polypeptide
|Posted date||Jun 26, 2012|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Dec 14, 2004|
|Gazette Date||Feb 9, 2012|
|Gazette Date||May 14, 2013|
|International application number||JP2004018646|
|International publication number||WO2005056594|
|Date of international filing||Dec 14, 2004|
|Date of international publication||Jun 23, 2005|
|Title||Akt activity specifically inhibiting polypeptide|
The present invention is to provide a polypeptide specifically inhibiting the activity of Akt (Protein Kinase B), the DNA thereof, the antibody thereof, an inhibitor of Akt activity or an antitumor agent, and the like.
The polypeptide comprises polypeptides (SEQ ID NO: 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 of the sequence listing) that contain an amino acid sequence corresponding to any of the position of amino acid residue 10-24 of human TCL1, amino acid residue 8-22 of human TCL1B, amino acid residue 5-19 of human MTCP1, and amino acid residue 9-24 of mouse or rat TCL1; and the derivatives.
Further, the present invention includes DNA encording the polypeptide (SEQ ID NO: 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 of the sequence listing), and the antibodies specifically binding to the polypeptides.
The polypeptide of the present invention can be used for an inhibitor of Akt activity, an antitumor agent, or the like.
|Scope of claims||
1. An isolated polypeptide that specifically inhibits Akt activity consisting of: an amino acid sequence indicated in SEQ ID NO: 1 or 20 of the sequence listing.
2. A composition for inhibiting Akt activity, comprising: the isolated polypeptide according to claim 1 as an active ingredient.
3. A method for inhibiting Act activity in a cell, comprising contacting the cell with the composition according to claim 2, wherein specific inhibition of Akt activity in the cell is the inhibition of binding of phosphoinositide to Akt.
4. A method for treating breast cancer comprising administering to a patient in need thereof a composition of claim 2.
5. A method for treating lung cancer comprising administering to a patient in need thereof a composition of claim 2.
6. A method for treating leukemia comprising administering to a patient in need thereof a composition of claim 2.
7. A method for treating lymphoid tumor comprising administering to a patient in need thereof a composition of claim 2.
8. The composition of claim 2, further comprising a pharmaceutical carrier.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contact Information for " Akt activity specifically inhibiting polypeptide "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476