Oxide-based stable high-potential carrier for solid polymer fuel cell
|Posted date||Jun 18, 2013|
|Date of filing||Nov 26, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Oct 3, 2012|
|Gazette Date||Mar 29, 2017|
|International application number||JP2010071106|
|International publication number||WO2011065471|
|Date of international filing||Nov 26, 2010|
|Date of international publication||Jun 3, 2011|
|Title||Oxide-based stable high-potential carrier for solid polymer fuel cell|
Disclosed is an oxide and/or nitride support for electrode catalysts, which is used for electrodes for polymer electrolyte fuel cells (PEFC).
The support for electrode catalysts is an aggregation body of primary particles of oxide of at least one kind of metal selected from rare earths, alkaline earths, transition metals, niobium, bismuth, tin, antimony, zirconium, molybdenum, indium, tantalum, and tungsten, and the aggregation body is configured such that at least 80% of the metal oxide primary particles having a size of 5 nm to 100 nm aggregate and bind each other to form dendritic or chain structures each of which is made of 5 or more of the metal oxide primary particles.
|Scope of claims||
1. A carrier (1) for electrode catalysts, wherein
an aggregation body (26) which is formed by aggregating primary particles of oxide of at least one kind of metal selected from transition metals, tin, antimony, zirconium, molybdenum, indium, tantalum, and tungsten reduced in nitrogen gas or an ammonia atmosphere at a high temperature place of 500 degrees C or more to be at least partially metal nitride,
the aggregation body (26) is configured such that at least 80% of crystallites at least a part of which is metal nitride and which have a size of 5 nm to 100 nm aggregate and bind each other to form chain or dendritic structures each of which is made of 5 or more crystallites and
the aggregation body (26) is obtained by preparing a mineral turpentine solution containing the ions of said metals, making the solution into a mist by using an atomizer using oxygen, and introducing the solution into a high-temperature chemical flame or plasma.
2. An electrode catalyst comprising a carrier (1) for electrode catalysts according to claim 1, wherein the carrier (1) supports 1 to 50 wt% of a noble metal (2) and/or an alloy containing a noble metal, each having an average particle diameter of 1 to 20 nm.
3. An electrode catalyst comprising a carrier (1) covering material which covers a part of a surface of the electrode catalyst according to claim 2, wherein the carrier (1) covering material is removed by acid treatment.
4. A fuel cell, using the electrode catalyst according to claim 3.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contracting States: AL AT BE BG CH CY CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR GB GR HR HU IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MK MT NL NO PL PT RO RS SE SI SK SM TR
Contact Information for " Oxide-based stable high-potential carrier for solid polymer fuel cell "
- University of Yamanashi Center for Social Collaboration and Intellectual Property Management
- URL: https://www.scrs.yamanashi.ac.jp/
- Address: 4-4-37, Takeda, Kofu, Yamanashi, Japan , 400-8510
- Fax: 81-55-220-8757