Intention conveyance support device and method
|発明の名称 （英語）||Intention conveyance support device and method|
According to a conventional BMI technology for controlling external equipment or transmitting an intention to another person by focusing on a biosignal such as brain activity, there has been the problem that a large-sized apparatus is required, the operation method is complex from the user's viewpoint, and noise is large.
The present invention provides an apparatus and method such that an intention in the brain can be analyzed with high accuracy and at high speed and transmitted in real-time.
A communication assist apparatus according to the present invention comprises an apparatus for presenting a visual stimulus on a display screen and the like, and a processing apparatus for processing brain wave data from an electroencephalograph that measures a brain wave after stimulus presentation by the presenting apparatus.
The processing apparatus determines that a specific intention decision has been made in the brain when the product of an accumulated discrimination score according to a discriminant analysis function obtained by analyzing the brain wave data and a success rate exceeds a threshold value, and then outputs a determination result to a device.
1. A communication assist method, comprising: obtaining brain wave data from an electroencephalograph;
analyzing the brain wave data;
determining a discriminant function based on the analyzed brain wave data;
determining a success rate based on the discriminant function;
determining that a specific intention decision has been made in the brain when a product of an accumulated discrimination score according to the discriminant function and the success rate exceeds a threshold value; and
outputting a determination result of the specific intention decision to an electronic device;
wherein the analyzing and determining steps are performed by a communication assist apparatus, the communication assist apparatus comprising: a stimulus-presenting apparatus; and
a processing apparatus that processes the brain wave data from the electroencephalograph that measures a brain wave after stimulus presentation by the stimulus-presenting apparatus.
2. The communication assist method according to claim 1, wherein the discriminant function obtained by analyzing the brain wave data measured by the electroencephalograph is a multivariate analysis function.
3. The communication assist method according to claim 1, wherein a weighting of variables is set for each of a plurality of brain wave channels, and wherein the weighting of variables is set at intervals of time elapsed after the stimulus presentation by the stimulus-presenting apparatus.
4. The communication assist method according to claim 1, further comprising determining an alternative intention decision.
『 Intention conveyance support device and method 』に関するお問合せ
- 国立研究開発法人産業技術総合研究所 ベンチャー開発・技術移転センター
- URL: http://www.aist.go.jp/aist_j/collab/patent/patent/tlo.html
- Address: 〒305-8560 茨城県つくば市梅園1-1-1 中央第一
- TEL: 029-862-6158
- FAX: 029-862-6159