INTENTION CONVEYANCE SUPPORT DEVICE AND METHOD
|Posted date||Aug 3, 2016|
|International application number||2011JP069524|
|International publication number||WO 2012029742|
|Date of international filing||Aug 30, 2011|
|Date of international publication||Mar 8, 2012|
|Title||INTENTION CONVEYANCE SUPPORT DEVICE AND METHOD|
|Abstract||In conventional BMI technology which has focused upon such biometric signals as brain activity to control an external apparatus or to convey intention to others, there have been such problems as a large-size device being required or the operation method being complicated to a user and the noise being significant. In the present invention, a device and method are achieved which can analyze an intention within a brain with high precision and at high speed, and convey the intention in real time. The intention conveyance support device of the present invention comprises a device for presenting a visual stimulus upon a display screen, and a processing device for processing brain wave data from an electroencephalograph which measures brain waves after presentation of the stimulus by the first-mentioned device, wherein the processing device, on the basis of the product of an accumulated LDA score by a determination analysis function acquired by analyzing the brain wave data and a success rate, evaluates that a specific decision has been made within the brain when the product exceeds a threshold, and outputs the evaluation result to an apparatus.|
|Scope of claims||
1. A communication assist apparatus comprising:
a stimulus-presenting apparatus; and
a processing apparatus that processes brain wave data from an electroencephalograph that measures a brain wave after stimulus presentation by the stimulus-presenting apparatus,
characterized in that the processing apparatus determines that a specific intention decision has been made in the brain on the basis of a discriminant function obtained by analyzing the brain wave data and a success rate.
2. The communication assist apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the processing apparatus determines that the specific intention decision has been made in the brain when the product of an accumulated discrimination score according to the discriminant function obtained by analyzing the brain wave data and the success rate exceeds a threshold value, and then outputs a determination result to a device.
3. A communication assist method comprising determining that a specific intention decision has been made in the brain on the basis of a discriminant function obtained by analyzing data measured by an electroencephalograph and a success rate.
4. The communication assist method according to claim 3, comprising determining that the specific intention decision has been made in the brain when the product of an accumulated discrimination score according to the discriminant function obtained by analyzing the data measured by the electroencephalograph and the success rate exceeds a threshold value, and then outputting a determination result to a device.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)|
National States: AE AG AL AM AO AT AU AZ BA BB BG BH BR BW BY BZ CA CH CL CN CO CR CU CZ DE DK DM DO DZ EC EE EG ES FI GB GD GE GH GM GT HN HR HU ID IL IN IS KE KG KM KN KP KR KZ LA LC LK LR LS LT LU LY MA MD ME MG MK MN MW MX MY MZ NA NG NI NO NZ OM PE PG PH PL PT QA RO RS RU SC SD SE SG SK SL SM ST SV SY TH TJ TM TN TR TT TZ UA UG US UZ VC VN ZA ZM ZW
ARIPO: BW GH GM KE LR LS MW MZ NA SD SL SZ TZ UG ZM ZW
EAPO: AM AZ BY KG KZ MD RU TJ TM
EPO: AL AT BE BG CH CY CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR GB GR HR HU IE IS IT LT LU LV MC MK MT NL NO PL PT RO RS SE SI SK SM TR
OAPI: BF BJ CF CG CI CM GA GN GQ GW ML MR NE SN TD TG
Contact Information for " INTENTION CONVEYANCE SUPPORT DEVICE AND METHOD "
- The National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (In Japanese)ベンチャー開発・技術移転センター
- URL: http://www.aist.go.jp/index_en.html
- Address: 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan , 305-8560
- Fax: 029-862-6159