Alga, method for producing thereof and method for producing biomass by using the alga
|Posted date||Mar 14, 2017|
|Date of filing||May 29, 2015|
|Gazette Date||Jan 1, 2016|
|Gazette Date||Sep 11, 2019|
|Title||Alga, method for producing thereof and method for producing biomass by using the alga|
|Abstract||The productivity of biomass within the cells of algae can be improved by suppressing the expression of ATG8 in algae by (i) overexpression of MEX1 and/or (ii) silencing using miRNA, thereby providing algae having improved productivity of photosynthetic products, a method for producing said algae, a method for producing a biomass using said algae, and starch obtained by said algae.|
|Scope of claims||
1. A process for producing biomass that uses a algae that exhibits inhibition through MEX 1 overexpression and ATG 8 over a benchmark strain.
2. The invention relates to a method for producing the raw material of a request item 1, which comprises a step of irradiating light irradiating the algae.
3. A method for producing the biomass of the request item 1 or 2, which uses a alga with an increased concentration of gluten in the chloroplast compared to the reference strain.
4. The invention relates to a method for producing a biomass of claim 3, wherein the aforementioned light irradiation step is carried out in substantially non-nitrogen starvation conditions.
5. A process for producing a biomass of claim 4, which does not contain a cell crushing step that disrupts cells of the algae.
6. The invention relates to a production method of the raw material of the request item 1, which is a sugar.
7. A single-cell alga is a single-cell alga that is inhibited by MEX 1 overexpression and ATG 8 as compared to reference strains.
8. A single cell alga, such as a request item 7, is introduced into an exogenous polynucleotide encoding MEX 1.
9. Single-cell alga of request item 8, wherein the aforementioned extrinsic polynucleotide is selected from one or more of the groups comprising a) to c): a) a polynucleotide encoding a polypeptide comprising the amino acid sequence of SEQ ID NO: 1 or 3; b) a polynucleotide encoding the polypeptide: 1 or a plurality of amines comprising the amino acid sequence shown in SEQ ID NO: 1 or 3. A polypeptide of the amino acid sequence which is deleted, substituted or added, and retains the function of MEX 1; c) a polynucleotide which hybridizes under stringent conditions with the polynucleotide below and encodes a polypeptide that retains the function of MEX 1: polynucleotide comprising a base sequence complementary to the polynucleotide of any of the polynucleotides of the aforementioned a) or b) polynucleotide.
10. As in the case of single cell algae of any one of items 7 to 9, the concentration of gluten peptide in chloroplast increased as compared to the reference strain.
11. A method for the production of a modified alga comprising the step of inhibiting the expression of ATG 8 which inhibits expression of ATG 8 by overexpression of MEX 1.
12. A process for the production of a modified alga, as claimed in claim item 11, comprising increasing the concentration of gluten peptide concentration in chloroplast to increase the concentration of gluten peptide concentration.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Creation of Innovative Technologies to Control Carbon Dioxide Emissions AREA|
Contact Information for " Alga, method for producing thereof and method for producing biomass by using the alga "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476