Plant growth regulator and use thereof
|Posted date||Mar 14, 2017|
|Date of filing||Dec 10, 2007|
|Gazette Date||Nov 4, 2015|
|Gazette Date||Jun 26, 2020|
|International application number||JP2007073795|
|International publication number||WO2008072602|
|Date of international filing||Dec 10, 2007|
|Date of international publication||Jun 19, 2008|
|Title||Plant growth regulator and use thereof|
|Abstract||A plant growth regulator containing glutathione allows increasing harvest index. This provides a technique for specifying a control factor for a plant, thereby effectively controlling germination, growth, anthesis etc. of the plant.|
|Scope of claims||
1. Use of glutathione for increasing the proportion of the weight of a harvest of a plant relative to the weight of the plant as a whole, wherein a glutathione synthesis inhibitor and a phytohormone are not used, wherein the harvest is a seed.
2. The use of claim 1, wherein the glutathione is oxidized glutathione.
3. Use according to claim 1 or 2, characterized in that the plant is a plant used as food.
4. A method for obtaining a plant having a higher ratio of the weight of a harvest to the weight of the whole plant than that of a wild-type plant or a plant not treated with glutathione, comprising the steps of cultivating a plant using glutathione, measuring the ratio of the weight of the harvest to the weight of the whole plant of the plant cultivated in the above-mentioned steps, and selecting a plant having an increased ratio of the weight of the harvest to the weight of the whole plant, wherein the harvest is a seed without using a glutathione synthesis inhibitor and a phytohormone.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the glutathione is oxidized glutathione.
6. The method according to claim 4, wherein the plant is a plant used as food.
7. The method of claim 4, wherein glutathione is administered intermittently.
8. The method of claim 4, wherein glutathione is administered before and after the transition period from vegetative to reproductive growth.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)|
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Plants Function and Their Control AREA|
Contact Information for " Plant growth regulator and use thereof "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476