Magnetic tunnel junction device
|Posted date||Apr 26, 2017|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Aug 27, 2015|
|Gazette Date||Jan 21, 2016|
|Gazette Date||Mar 28, 2017|
|International application number||JP2005004720|
|International publication number||WO2005088745|
|Date of international filing||Mar 10, 2005|
|Date of international publication||Sep 22, 2005|
|Title||Magnetic tunnel junction device|
The output voltage of an MRAM is increased by means of an Fe(001)/MgO(001)/Fe(001) MTJ device, which is formed by microfabrication of a sample prepared as follows: A single-crystalline MgO (001) substrate is prepared.
An epitaxial Fe(001) lower electrode (a first electrode) is grown on a MgO(001) seed layer at room temperature, followed by annealing under ultrahigh vacuum.
A MgO(001) barrier layer is epitaxially formed on the Fe(001) lower electrode (the first electrode) at room temperature, using a MgO electron-beam evaporation.
A Fe(001) upper electrode (a second electrode) is then formed on the MgO(001) barrier layer at room temperature.
This is successively followed by the deposition of a Co layer on the Fe(001) upper electrode (the second electrode).
The Co layer is provided so as to increase the coercive force of the upper electrode in order to realize an antiparallel magnetization alignment.
|Scope of claims||
1. A tunnel barrier layer disposed between a first ferromagnetic material layer and a second ferromagnetic material layer that are disposed over a substrate, wherein the tunnel barrier layer comprises a poly-crystalline magnesium oxide layer in which a (001) crystal plane is preferentially oriented,
wherein the first ferromagnetic material layer is composed of an Fe -- Co alloy of BCC which alloy comprises Fe, Co, and B,
wherein the first ferromagnetic material layer is located between the tunnel barrier layer and the substrate.
2. The tunnel barrier layer according to claim 1, wherein a barrier height of the tunnel barrier layer is in a range of 0.2 to 0.5 eV.
3. The tunnel barrier layer according to claim 2, wherein the barrier height p of the tunnel barrier layer is obtained by fitting J-V characteristics of a tunnel barrier junction structure to an equation (1):
J=[(2mphi )1/2/DELTA s](e/h)2 * exp[-(4pi DELTA s/h) * (2m#)1/2] * V (1)
where J is a tunnel current density flowing through the tunnel barrier layer, V is an applied bias voltage that is 100 mV or smaller, m is the free electron mass, e is the elementary electric charge, h is the Planck's constant, DELTA s is an effective thickness of the tunnel barrier layer that is approximately equivalent to (tMgO-0.5 nm), and tMgO is an actual thickness of the tunnel barrier layer determined using a cross-sectional transmission electron microscope image.
4. The tunnel barrier layer according to claim 1, wherein the second ferromagnetic material layer is composed of an alloy comprising Fe and Co, and wherein the second ferromagnetic material layer is located above the tunnel barrier layer.
5. The tunnel barrier layer according to claim 1, wherein the second ferromagnetic material layer is composed of an alloy comprising Fe, Co, and B, and wherein the second ferromagnetic material layer is located above the tunnel barrier layer.
6. The tunnel barrier layer according to claim 1, wherein the tunnel barrier layer is disposed on the first ferromagnetic material layer.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||PRESTO Nanostructure and Material Property AREA|
Contact Information for " Magnetic tunnel junction device "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476