Method for screening of therapeutic agent for hyperlipemia
|Posted date||Sep 12, 2017|
|Country||United States of America|
|Date of filing||Nov 25, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Sep 27, 2012|
|Gazette Date||Jul 28, 2015|
|International application number||JP2010070959|
|International publication number||WO2011065389|
|Date of international filing||Nov 25, 2010|
|Date of international publication||Jun 3, 2011|
|Title||Method for screening of therapeutic agent for hyperlipemia|
Disclosed are a highly safe treatment method for hyperlipidemia and a therapeutic agent for hyperlipidemia.
Specifically, the invention provides a novel method for screening an agent for treating hyperlipidemia, more specifically, a method for screening a substance that can inhibit the production or function of gangliosides, particularly GM3, or inhibit the activity or expression of GM3 synthase to reduce a blood lipid level.
A pharmaceutical composition, which can specifically inhibit the production of gangliosides, particularly GM3, thereby effective for hyperlipidemia treatment, and others are also provided.
|Scope of claims||
1. A method for screening a GM3 synthase specific inhibitor having a blood lipid level lowering activity that specifically inhibits GM3 synthase expression, which comprises: contacting a test substance with a cell selected from the group consisting of an adipocyte and a hepatocyte, wherein the cell expresses GM3 synthase;
selecting a test substance that specifically decreases the expression level of GM3 synthase as compared to a control;
administering the selected test substance to a non-human apoE-deficient animal; and
determining a Chylomicron (CM) level, a Very Low Density Lipoprotein (VLDL) level or a Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) level in blood in the non-human apoE-deficient animal and selecting a test substance having a blood lipid level lowering activity that specifically inhibits GM3 synthase expression and reduces the CM, VLDL or LCL level in blood by 10% or more as compared to a control.
2. The screening method according to claim 1, which further comprises selecting a test substance that reduces a blood cholesterol level and/or a blood triglyceride level.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the non-human animal has a higher blood lipid level than normal level.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein the non-human animal is a mouse.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Clarification of the Biological Functions of Sugar Chains and the Use of this Knowledge in Applied Technologies AREA|
Contact Information for " Method for screening of therapeutic agent for hyperlipemia "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476