Method for screening of therapeutic agent for hyperlipemia
|Posted date||Sep 12, 2017|
|Date of filing||Nov 25, 2010|
|Gazette Date||Oct 3, 2012|
|Gazette Date||May 21, 2014|
|International application number||JP2010070959|
|International publication number||WO2011065389|
|Date of international filing||Nov 25, 2010|
|Date of international publication||Jun 3, 2011|
|Title||Method for screening of therapeutic agent for hyperlipemia|
Disclosed are a highly safe treatment method for hyperlipidemia and a therapeutic agent for hyperlipidemia.
Specifically, the invention provides a novel method for screening an agent for treating hyperlipidemia, more specifically, a method for screening a substance that can inhibit the production or function of gangliosides, particularly GM3, or inhibit the activity or expression of GM3 synthase to reduce a blood lipid level.
A pharmaceutical composition, which can specifically inhibit the production of gangliosides, particularly GM3, thereby effective for hyperlipidemia treatment, and others are also provided.
|Scope of claims||
1. A method for screening a substance having a blood lipid level lowering activity, which comprises: (i) contacting GM3 synthase with a substrate thereof in the presence or absence of a test substance, (ii) selecting a test substance that decreases the synthesized amount of GM3, (iii) administering the selected test substance to a non-human animal, and (iv) determining the blood lipid level in the non-human animal.
2. A method for screening a substance having a blood lipid level lowering activity, which comprises: (i) contacting a test substance with a cell expressing GM3 synthase, (ii) selecting a test substance that decreases the expression level of GM3 synthase, (iii) administering the selected test substance to a non-human animal, and (iv) determining the blood lipid level in the non-human animal.
3. The method according to claim 2, wherein the cell expressing GM3 synthase is selected from the group consisting of adipocytes, hepatocytes, vascular endothelial cells, vascular smooth muscle cells, skeletal muscle cells, epithelial cells, neurocytes, fibroblasts, monocytes and macrophages.
4. The method according to claim 2, wherein the cell expressing GM3 synthase is a transformant produced by genetic engineering.
5. The screening method according to any one of claims 1 to 4, which further comprises selecting a test substance that reduces a blood cholesterol level and/or a blood triglyceride level.
6. The method according to any one of claims 1 to 5, wherein the non-human animal has a higher blood lipid level than normal level.
7. The method according to any one of claims 1 to 6, wherein the non-human animal is a mouse.
8. A pharmaceutical composition effective for treatment of hyperlipidemia, comprising a substance that specifically prevents a production of a ganglioside.
9. The composition according to claim 8, wherein the ganglioside is GM3.
10. A pharmaceutical composition effective for treatment of hyperlipidemia, comprising an antibody against GM3, a GM3 synthase inhibitor, or a substance that inhibits GM3 synthase expression.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)||
Contracting States: AL AT BE BG CH CY CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR GB GR HR HU IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MK MT NL NO PL PT RO RS SE SI SK SM TR
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Clarification of the Biological Functions of Sugar Chains and the Use of this Knowledge in Applied Technologies AREA|
Contact Information for " Method for screening of therapeutic agent for hyperlipemia "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476