Cell-seeding and -culturing device
|Posted date||Sep 12, 2017|
|Date of filing||Jan 23, 2015|
|Gazette Date||Nov 30, 2016|
|International application number||JP2015051905|
|International publication number||WO2015111722|
|Date of international filing||Jan 23, 2015|
|Date of international publication||Jul 30, 2015|
|Title||Cell-seeding and -culturing device|
Provided is a device for seeding cells in a plurality of cell arrangement areas in a simple manner and a short period of time.
A seeding and culturing device (1) for cells capable of forming a nerve network, the device comprising a cell-culturing substrate (2) having a plurality of cell arrangement areas (8) enclosed by a plurality of projecting parts, and a flow channel substrate (3) arranged on the cell-cultivating substrate (2) and having a plurality of through-holes (14), wherein the through-holes (14) are configured so as to provide flow channels in which the upper surface side of the substrate is an entrance (15) and the lower surface side of the substrate is an exit, and the exit (16) of the flow channels is positioned above any of the cell arrangement areas.
|Scope of claims||
1. A cell seeding and culturing device capable of forming a nerve cell network, comprising: a cell culturing substrate capable of forming a nerve cell network, having a plurality of cell arrangement areas surrounded by a plurality of projections; and a flow channel substrate having a plurality of through holes, and being arranged on the culturing substrate, wherein each of the through holes defines a flow channel, wherein the upper side of the substrate is an entrance and the lower side of the substrate is an exit, and the exit of each flow channel is located above the cell arrangement areas.
2. The cell seeding and culturing device according to claim 1, wherein a spacer member having a thickness greater than the height of the projections is arranged between the culturing substrate and the flow channel substrate.
3. The cell seeding and culturing device according to claim 1 or 2, having a gap which enables to form a nerve cell network between the cell arrangement areas between the culturing substrate and the flow channel substrate, and which corresponds to the thickness of the spacer member.
4. The cell seeding and culturing device according to any of claims 1 to 3, wherein a gap through which cells flow out is not present between the exits of the flow channels and the projections.
5. The cell seeding and culturing device according to any of claims 1 to 4, further comprising a liquid storage substrate that defines a liquid storage area on the upper surface of the flow channel substrate.
6. The cell seeding and culturing device according to any of claims 1 to 5, wherein the culturing substrate is an electrically insulated substrate used in a planar patch-clamp method, and has through holes for the planar patch-clamp method in the cell arrangement areas that do not allow the passage of cells but allow the attaining of electrical continuity.
7. The cell seeding and culturing device according to any one of claims 1 to 5, wherein the culturing substrate is a substrate for imaging a nerve cell network.
|IPC(International Patent Classification)|
Contracting States: AL AT BE BG CH CY CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR GB GR HR HU IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MK MT NL NO PL PT RO RS SE SI SK SM TR
|Reference ( R and D project )||CREST Creation of Nanosystems with Novel Functions through Process Integration AREA|
Contact Information for " Cell-seeding and -culturing device "
- Japan Science and Technology Agency Department of Intellectual Property Management
- URL: http://www.jst.go.jp/chizai/
- Address: 5-3, Yonbancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan , 102-8666
- Fax: 81-3-5214-8476